Diploma in Civil Engineering (CE) is designed to develop young minds who understand the impact of their work on the progress of civilization. The curriculum is designed to guarantee a certain breadth of knowledge of the civil engineering disciplines through a set of core areas like – designing, planning, construction, and maintenance of the infrastructure. Roads, bridges, buildings, dams, canals, water supply and numerous other facilities required advanced technologies for the rapid advancement of the society. The discipline Civil engineering is intimately associated with these constructional developments.
SETGOI takes care of young minds with strong foundation of problem solving capabilities, practical knowledge and theoretical orientation since last 10 years for the development of creative workforce to meet the requirements in industry.
To be the fountain-head of quality education delivering civil engineers empowered with necessary knowledge, skill and personality who can lead the society towards sustainability.
M1 – To produce civil engineers of high calibre ,technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
M2 -To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
M3 -To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
M4 -To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
2. Problem identification and analysis: Identify, review, research, formulation, analysis, & simulation of civil engineering problems for the betterment of society.
3. Design/ Modification/ Development/ Establishments of solutions: Design economic solution for civil engineering problems with consideration for safety measurement, societal & global impact, and environmental consideration for better livelihood.
4. Investigation and Experiments: Use research based techniques and methods including design experiments, data analysis, interpretation of records, and simulate of the information to provide valid conclusion.
5. Environment, Economy, Society, Sustainability, Ethics and the Earth: Understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in environmental contexts through proper economic modification. Apply ethical principle and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities to protect the earth
6. Project management: Utilizing the perception of civil engineering knowledge and management principles individually in their workplace as a team leader or team member to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
7. Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage independently in the broader context of technological morphosis.